Walnut Creek has less than 3 months of housing inventory on the market right now, and we just experienced a 4% increase in median values over last month and a 25% increase compared to October of last year.
At a very high level, here's what we saw in the single-family home market across all of Walnut Creek for October 2012:
- Number of Sales: 55 (compared to 35 sold in October 2011)
- Most Expensive Sale: $1.65M
- Least Expensive Sale: $420k
- Average Sales Price: $764k
- Median Sales Price: $700k (24.6% higher than October 2011)
- Average Days-on-Market: 27
- Average Price-per-Square Foot: $371/sqft
- Distressed Properties: 14% of sales
- Inventory Levels: 2.4 months
For a more in-depth analysis of the Walnut Creek real estate market, take a look at the SPARRreport. It covers both the single-family home market as well as the condo/townhouse market. In addition, it goes into detail that is very important to understand if you're thinking of either buying or selling a home in Walnut Creek in the near future.
In addition, take a look at the current Walnut Creek homes for sale...