Want To Serve On A City Commission?

There are openings now for the Park, Recreation and Open Space Commission, and the Planning Commission.

The City of Walnut Creek is currently accepting applications to fill vacancies on the Planning Commission and the Parks, Recreation and Open Space Commission.

Applicants for both commissions must live in incorporated Walnut Creek and be registered voters. Completed applications must be submitted to the City Clerk no later than 5 p.m. Friday, Nov. 30

Applications are also available at the City Clerk's office, 1666 N. Main Street. For additional information, contact City Clerk Suzie Martinez, 925-943-5819.

Planning Commission:

The Planning Commission is established to create and maintain standards and policies to ensure the orderly development of the community consistent with the City’s adopted plans and in accordance with state and federal laws.

The Planning Commission meets at 7:00 p.m. on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of each month in the Council Chamber located at City Hall, 1666 N. Main Street, Walnut Creek.

The agenda, staff reports, meeting resumes and audio recordings can be found on the Public Meetings page.

Planning Commissioners hold 4-year terms.

Park, Recreation and Open Space Commission: 

The Park, Recreation and Open Space Commission (PROS) is established by the City Council to advise the City Council on the general direction and emphasis of park, recreation, creek, trail and open space needs, facilities and programs.

The PROS Commission meets at 7:00 p.m. on the first Monday of every other month in the Council Chamber, City Hall, 1666 N. Main Street, Walnut Creek.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »