.

California State University East Bay - Concord Campus

Flag as Inappropriate

<p> The Concord campus of the California State University East Bay offers upper division, graduate, credential and certificate instruction.  Majors currently offered at the Concord campus include business administration, criminal justice administration, English, health sciences, history, human development, liberal studies, nursing, psychology, recreation, sociology and teacher education.</p>
<p>The campus offers master's degrees in business administration, counseling, education, educational leadership, public administration and social work. It also offers a teacher credential program.</p> <p>The Concord campus offers junior- and senior-level courses for those majors and concentrations. The courses are scheduled to allow a student to complete the upper-division coursework in a two-year period. Lower-division courses may be taken at a community college.</p> <p>The campus has 5 buildings, 39 classrooms, 3 computer labs, an art studio and a theater. The campus was founded in the fall of 1981, at a site vacated by Pleasant Hill High School.</p> <p>Undergraduates compose 69 % of the student population; graduates compose the other 31%. The mean student age is 33 years old. Most students are working full-time and attend classes in the evenings. Many have been out of school for a while, and are finishing off their bachelor's degree or starting a master's.</p> <p>Campus staff and faculty have been actively involved in collaborative efforts with industry, area community colleges and K-12 institutions. Highlights include connecting the Concord campus with the Contra Costa Business/Education Collaborative with specific efforts involving biotech, environmental science and health-related industry clusters. The campus was honored in May 2004 as Higher Education Partner of the Year for these efforts.</p> <p>The executive director is Emily Brizendine, Ed.D.</p> <p> </p> <p> </p>
4700 Ygnacio Valley Rd, Concord, CA 94521
(925) 602-6700
  • Fax: 925-602-6750
  • Hours: Mon-Thurs. 10:00 am - 6:30 PM
  • Accessible: yes
Share a review or post about this business.
Posts awaiting your approval 0
Who wants to be the first to post?
See more »