Search Results
California State University East Bay - Concord Campus
4700 Ygnacio Valley Rd, Concord, CA 94521

 The Concord campus of the California State University East Bay offers upper division, graduate, credential andMore certificate instruction.  Majors currently offered at the Concord campus include business administration, criminal justice administration, English, health sciences, history, human development, liberal studies, nursing, psychology, recreation, sociology and teacher education.

The campus offers master's degrees in business administration, counseling, education, educational leadership, public administration and social work. It also offers a teacher credential program.

The Concord campus offers junior- and senior-level courses for those majors and concentrations. The courses are scheduled to allow a student to complete the upper-division coursework in a two-year period. Lower-division courses may be taken at a community college.

The campus has 5 buildings, 39 classrooms, 3 computer labs, an art studio and a theater. The campus was founded in the fall of 1981, at a site vacated by Pleasant Hill High School.

Undergraduates compose 69 % of the student population; graduates compose the other 31%. The mean student age is 33 years old. Most students are working full-time and attend classes in the evenings. Many have been out of school for a while, and are finishing off their bachelor's degree or starting a master's.

Campus staff and faculty have been actively involved in collaborative efforts with industry, area community colleges and K-12 institutions. Highlights include connecting the Concord campus with the Contra Costa Business/Education Collaborative with specific efforts involving biotech, environmental science and health-related industry clusters. The campus was honored in May 2004 as Higher Education Partner of the Year for these efforts.

The executive director is Emily Brizendine, Ed.D.



Mount Diablo Peace and Justice Center
55 Eckley Ln, Walnut Creek, CA 94596

The Mt. Diablo Peace and Justice Center works to create programs that connect with the needs and values ofMore the people in Walnut Creek, Lafayette, Pleasant Hill and Concord in order to build a culture of peace. The Center focuses on five major programs: Youth and the Military, Peace Through Art and Writing for middle and high school youth, implementing the Department of Peace, and public educational forums to be determined.

Check the Center's website for programs and schedules.

See more »